Smoked Sausage with Chicken Soup|
lace flour in a pan and bake for 15 min at 400F until the color of caramel, stirring every 5 min.
Brown chicken in oil. Add broth and saute vegetables. Sprinkle in flour.
Stir in water slowly. Add g [view it...]
Split Pea Soup|
1. Trim fat off the ham bone.
2. Rinse and picker over peas.
3. Heat oil over med-low heat. Add veggies and saute until wilted (10-12 mins).
4. Add peas and cook for 1 minute.
5. [view it...]
Strawberry, Pear-Lemon Soup|
n two batches, combine strawberries and water in blender container. Blend until strawberries are completely pureed. Press mixture through a fine sieve. Discard strawberry seeds.
In batches, if necess [view it...]
Strawberry-White Wine Soup|
n a food processor, finely chop the 2 pints of strawberries with the confectioners' sugar. Add the wine, buttermilk and salt. Blend briefly and chill.
Serve in chilled bowls, each garnished with a sl [view it...]
Succulent Seafood & Roasted Vegetable Soup|
reheat the oven to 400 F. Place the peppers and eggplant in a roasting pan. Sprinkle half the olive oil on top, season and roast for 25 minutes until tender and a little charred.
Heat the remaining o [view it...]
Sweet Potato Soup to Comfort Your Soul|
1. Place all veggies in a soup pot.
2. Cover with water, and then add about 2 more inches of water.
3. Cover and cook on medium to high heat until boiling.
4. Reduce heat to medium a [view it...]
Tasty Manhattan Clam Chowder!|
1. Heat oil in soup pot.
2. Saute potatoes, onion, garlic, celery seasoned with salt and pepper for 5-10 minutes.
3. Add stock, tomatoes and basil.
4. Bring to a boil, add clams.
If you don't have Italian seasoning, substitute 3/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed, and 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed.
In a 4-quart Dutch oven combine beef, onion, oil, garlic, and salt. B [view it...]
White Gazpacho with Almonds and Grapes|
rind almonds, 2 garlic cloves, and salt to a fine consistency in a food processor or blender. Soak stale bread in one cup ice water, and squeeze to extract moisture. Add bread to processor. With proce [view it...]
White Sauce for Pasta|
1. Melt butter and margarine in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add flour and stir.
3. Add milk and cream, stir.
4. Mix together broth and cornstarch add to saucepan.
5. Heat to bo [view it...]